With the AFL Grand Final coming up, we’ve compiled a list of the AFL’s funniest quotes, images and videos from over the years. Hope you enjoy it!
Top 10 funny quotes:
- “He scored that goal after only 22 seconds – totally against the run of play.” Dermott Brereton
- “Retaliate first” Jack Dyer, instructing his players during a final series.
- “We actually got the winning goal three minutes from the end but then they scored.” Ben Cousins, West Coast Eagles
- “I want to kick 70 or 80 goals this season, whichever comes first.” Barry Hall (Sydney) when asked about the upcoming season
- “It may have been going wide, but nevertheless it was a great shot on target” Brian Taylor
- “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.” Andrew Demetriou
- “It’s basically the same, just darker.” Jonathan Brown, on night Grand Finals vs Day Games
- “Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to sail through the air for even longer.” Peter Landy
- “I never comment on umpires and I’m not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat.” Terry Wallace
- “Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.” Dermott Brereton